COMMON TO ALL FOCUS AREAS OF THE CHALLENGE
Step-1 (Public Domain): All the ideas received from the participants will be placed in public domain by Srijan Sanchar.
Step-2 (Identification): Once placed in public domain, any individual, industry or institution interested to adopt any idea/ideas in whole or alter, modify, further develop the idea to produce innovative products/ solutions, may do so for societal benefit.
Entry submission Fields:
- The participants shall be required to submit their entries in the fields provided in the Entry Submission forms .
- Abstract of the proposed idea/ suggestion, in about 250 words.
- Explanation on how the claimed benefits are likely to come through including perceived roadblocks. Concept maps, SWOT analysis and other management tools used, can be attached.
- Feasibility/Viability of Implementation of the proposed idea/ suggestion.
- Possible constraints anticipated in deployment.
Mode of Entry:
- For posting the entries using the online application system, participants are advised to go to http://www.srijansanchar.com and click on the link for the innovation challenge. The participant will be taken to a landing page featuring the registration form with various fields.
- The participant will have to fill out the Participant Registration Form and Entry Submission Form. The submission must comply with the requirements as set out in the Guidelines mentioned on the online Entry Submission form.
- On successful submission, the participant will receive a confirmation email.
- Should organizers require additional information, they will contact the registered participant via email. Participants are advised to duly provide any additional information as instructed.
- Correspondence: Any correspondence from the organizers to participants shall be through email or SMS on the mobile number provided by the participant at the time of registration. Organizers will not liable in case of email delivery failures.
The Challenge is open to all.
- In case of submission is in any other language, it must be accompanied by translations in English.
- The organizer may decide to associate with the proposer for further development of the proposed Concept/ design.
IPRs, Confidentiality and other Conditions:
- Humanity will be have full claim on ownership over the applications submitted or any newly Developed IP, by submitting an application, Participant grants every one a transferable, worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license.
- To disclose such applications to third parties; and
- To publish Participants name or alias in connection with this Challenge.
- All the ideas received from the participants will be placed in the public domain (either website or through hard copies or other means) for benefits of the general public.These ideas may be used by any individual, start-up, industry or institution for further development. The owner of the idea can not claim any IPR on the product developed from his/her idea. It is suggested that highly sensitive material be excluded from the entry if a team is concerned about the confidentiality of such material.
- Originality: If an idea has been patented by, or is the property of, a third party, the originator of the idea must agree through a legally enforceable instrument to the use of the idea by the applicant and must be expressly credited in the submission.
- Organizers assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
- Further, Participants represent, warrant and covenant that the submissions do not:
- Infringe on any third party intellectual property rights and further do not violate any confidentiality obligations of the Participant;
- Contain any software or programming code subject to any restrictions or third-party limitations without prior written notice to Organizers
- Contain any viruses, worms, spyware, other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer;
- Include any Participant owned trade secrets or third party trade secrets and no such trade secrets will be required for Organizers to enjoy the full benefits of the applications;
- Contain material that may be considered as defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, threatening or harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation; and
- Violate any statutory provisions.
- Participant shall not assign any rights, obligations or privileges (by operation of law or otherwise) hereunder without the prior written consent of Organizers. Except as otherwise set forth herein, any attempt by Participant to assign any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder without Organizers' prior written consent will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing, these terms and conditions shall be fully binding upon, inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the Parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- No liability: Organizers, members of Evaluation Panel, Selected Jury, supporting organizations shall not be liable for:
- Any costs incurred or loss or liability suffered by the participant in relation to the Challenge;
- Any loss in expectation of profits by participant
- Any failure by participant to understand the rights in relation to Intellectual Property, or the rights of Organizers, supporting organizations or any third party in relation to Intellectual Property; or
- Any other benefit the participant may expect to gain by participating in the Challenge
- Participant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Organizers, members of Evaluation Panel, Selected Jury, supporting organizations harmless against any loss, cost, liability, and expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from any action or claim brought or threatened against Organizers or members of Evaluation Panel, Selected Jury, supporting organizations or its customers alleging that any of the applications submitted, short listed and or selected, infringe any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of any third party, and or if Organizers or members of Evaluation Panel, Selected Jury, supporting organizations suffers any injury, loss or damages by breach of the warranties above. Organizers agrees to provide Participant(s) with:
- Prompt written notice of such claim or action,
- The opportunity to participate in the defense or settlement of such claim or action, provided, however, that Participant(s) will not without Organisers prior written consent settle or compromise any claim in a manner that does not unconditionally release Organisers and that may adversely affect Organisers rights under this terms & Conditions; and
- Reasonable information and assistance in the defense and/or settlement any such claim or action. Organiser shall have the right to participate in any of the disputes or actions referenced above at its own expense. Participant(s) will not be responsible for any costs, expenses or compromise incurred or made without Participant(s) prior written consent.
- Organizers or any of supporting organizations can notaccept any responsibility for the actions of any evaluation panel member or Experts or member of the Jury for their obligations in respect of confidentiality and will not sign any Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with participants.
- All the information received during this Challenge including but not limited to scores, business plan summaries etc. shall remain confidential and shall not be disclosed to any person or entity by any party there to and can not be disclosed outside the Program organizers or supporting organizations.
- Organizers may change the Terms and Conditions of participation at any time without prior notice. The amended Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately upon being posted on the website. It is participant's sole responsibility to regularly visit the website to read any changes to the Terms and Conditions of the Challenge.
- Organizers or any of the supporting organizations will not incur any costs for participants participating in the Challenge nor entertain any claims for the same .
- Termination and Disputes:
- Organizers may, at any time
- Disqualify a participant from the Challenge for breach of any terms & conditions of the Challenge; or
- Discontinue the Challenge by posting a notice to that effect on the Website
- Disputes, if any, are subject to the jurisdiction in the courts of Nagpur only.
- Organizers may, at any time